Where's Bella?
Please Log In! Free membership! All new users are welcomed with open arms!

Sincerest Apologies to Skwittlez and the forum in Whole

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sincerest Apologies to Skwittlez and the forum in Whole

Post  DoceromeP on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 am

Hi guys, long time no talk. I haven't been here for a while, and I guess I should explain why.

Recently my interest for sims lost its spark, and it feels almost like a chore playing it. I tried to re-adopt my machinima habit, but its time consuming and over-all not worth it. I have been playing this game since before I was 7, its sad to see it no longer giving me the enjoyment it previously had. When I joined Where's Bella? I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to open The Sims back up as a form of entertainment to me, and to chat to fellow simmers without the (sorry to be blunt) snarky, ungrateful and downright rude minority (who stand out clearly) of the official Sims 3 forum members. Alas, The Sims is still unentertaining for me.

The members of these forums are great but too few. I left without notice, and I apologise for that. I've left my fellow moderator Skwittlez with all the slack for the daily running of this forum. Little or no members are joining, and we have very few returning members.

I have been on holiday the past two weeks in England, and decided to pick up The Sims 3 Showtime and Diesel Stuff for when I get home, which is tomorrow. I will see if The Sims can regain its previous charm.

This forum has to be saved before it turns into a desolate no-man's land. Again my sincere apologies. Especially to you Skwittlez.

- Jerome

Stangetown and Pleasantview Season 1a. Coming soon (hopefully)
DoceromeP
Admin

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/doceromeproductions/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sincerest Apologies to Skwittlez and the forum in Whole

Post  Skwittlez on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:33 am

I'm sad to see this message and that you feel the forum has become a no-mans land. Yes, it's been a bit slow around here, as I've also been busy with things. But I certainly wouldn't lose hope on it yet. It's tough getting things like this out there and getting interests. But, I do agree with you with The Sims 3 forum. People tend to be very opinionated over there. It's nice to have a little community like this.

I constantly advertise this on my sim Facebook page, but, unfortunately, there's only so much you can do. Things like this just take time. Plus, it's summer, and vacation for many, so I'm sure people are out and about.

I do hope you are able to return to us soon and find a love for The Sims once again. I've had my share of moments where I didn't play for long periods of time. I think it happens to all of us at some point. I know Em hasn't been around much, either. Life just gets to us sometimes.

But, if you cannot return, it was nice to have you around and we will certainly miss you! I'm sure if you just give it time, things will pick up again. It just takes a lot of work and patience.

Skwittlez
- creating lots, sims, pets, stories & movies, and so much more!
Like a Star @ heaven Add me on Facebook for Sim Social neighbors and updates on everything sims!
Like a Star @ heaven Like The Monthly Plumbob on Facebook!
Like a Star @ heaven Join my Facebook Group for Everything Sims!
Like a Star @ heaven Read The Monthly Plumbob!
Like a Star @ heaven Add me on TheSims3.com!
Like a Star @ heaven View my Studio!
Like a Star @ heaven Simsaholic Anonymous!
Like a Star @ heaven Sim University
Like a Star @ heaven Follow me on Tumblr!
Skwittlez
Admin

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/SkwittlezSim

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top